Grandparents Day - 10 Fun Things To Do!
Send the kids out for some fun with their grands (and get some time to yourself) this Grandparents Day on Sunday, September 9. We've rounded up some wonderful ways to celebrate grandparents. From special train rides to fun activities, there is something for everyone.
Celebrate on Grandparents Day with these 10 fun activities!
1. Have the kids create some original art for grandma and grandpa or make your own Grandparents Day cards and gifts. Get some ideas here.
2. Invite your grandparents over for a board game. Play something new or an old family favourite. Or teach your grandparents a new video game.
3. Start a family tradition to celebrate National Grandparents Day, like a family picnic or gathering that you can plan for each year.
4. Enjoy a family meal with your grandparents. Dig out the family cookbooks and cook a favourite recipe.
5. Go on a Grandparent’s Day Train Ride at YDHR. Treat your grandparents to a trip on the York-Durham Heritage Railway through the picturesque Oak Ridges Moraine. Tickets are half price for each grandparent accompanied by a fare-paying grandchild. More
6. Celebrate the lives of your grandparents by creating a family tree together. Making a family tree is a great way to illustrate your family's history.
7. Have a sleepover. Grandparents’ Day eve is a great time to let grandparents and grandchildren enjoy an over-night together – either at their house or yours!
8. Take your kids and your parents to the best farms and orchards in the GTA to go apple picking. Then make a pie or some applesauce with grandma and grandpa after you've picked your favourite fruits. More
9. Grab your grandparents family photo books. There is nothing children like better than seeing their parent whey they were young and finding out about their family’s history.
10. Ask your grandparents to teach you their favourite hobby. Your family can spend the day learning to cook or knit with grandma, or go fishing with grandpa. Fostering a new hobby is one of the most meaningful ways to spend time together.
Happy Grandparents Day!