Strawberry Picking Season 2017
Picking your own strawberries is an awesome experience. It's not only a fun spring activity, but it also teaches kids about the farm-to-table movement, and encourages healthy eating habits. We've rounded up pick-your-own strawberry places in the Greater Toronto Area where families can harvest their own batch of strawberry goodness.
Grab the kids and head out to a Pick-Your-Own Farm for a day of family fun… Here's where to go!
Al Ferri and Sons
Andrews Scenic Acres/Scotch Block Winery
Applewood Farm & Winery
Barrie Hill Farms
Barry’s Best Berries
Mount Albert, ON
Downey's Farm Market & Winery
Forsythe Family Farms
Organics Family Farm
Peart's Strawberry Farm
RedBarn Berries & Veggies
Reesor Farm Market
Stoll's Strawberry Field
Strawberry Creek Farm
Trapper Bob Farm
Twinkle Berry Farm Market
Whittamores Farm, Shop & Pick Your Own
Follow these tips to ensure a memorable day of strawberry picking:
• Call the farm first for conditions. Some may get picked out early in the day or may be closed due to weather.
• Fields can get muddy, so wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
• Bring your own baskets or containers
• Wear sunscreen and hats as there is very little shade in the fields.
• Bring water to drink.
• Bring hand-wipes. Little hands and fingers will get dirty.
• Ask staff at the market how to identify ripe fruit and instruct children to pick berries that are ready only; i.e. only the RED ones.
• Don't forget your camera to capture all the memories!
Do you have a favourite place where you pick berries? List it below!