Make your Own Snow Globe
Snow globes are very popular souvenirs. Why not create your own winter wonderland snow globe as a memento of the holiday season? These little worlds in a glass are great fun to collect and are very easy to make!
What You’ll Need:
• Baby food jar or other decorative jar, cleaned, with label removed. Make sure the lids are able to twist on and are in metal.
• Waterproof adhesive such as epoxy glue
• ½ teaspoon of glycerine
• Glitter or large glitter flakes
• Small holiday or seasonal decorative items for your globe, for example, a plastic Santa, snowman, animals, trees, figurines, or miniature Christmas tree decorations
• A Christmas bow or ribbon to tie around your globe
With the help of an adult, use the Epoxy glue to attach the ornaments or decorative items to the inside of the lid of the jar. This will create your snow globe scene. Let dry.
Let your child fill ¾ of the jar with water. Add some glitter and the glycerine. If you want the glitter to fall more slowly, add more glycerine.
Add some glue to the inside of the lid making sure the glue will not enter the jar. Attach the lid onto the jar and let dry completely.
Add final touches such as your ribbon.
Your beautiful snow globe is now ready to display on your mantel or to give as a gift! Your child will be thrilled to have created something so original!