Celebrate Grandparents Day
Grandparents Day comes once a year, so take this opportunity to try new ways of connecting with family that can last year-round! This year, Grandparents Day falls on Sunday, September 10, 2017. Grandparents Day is a celebration of two very special people - Grandma and Grandpa!
Celebrate on Grandparents Day with these 10 fun activities!
1. Have the kids create some original art for grandma and grandpa or make your own Grandparents Day cards.
2. Invite your grandparents over for a board game. Play something new or an old family favourite. Or teach your grandparents a new video game.
3. Start a family tradition to celebrate National Grandparents Day, like a family picnic or gathering that you can plan for each year.
4. Enjoy a family meal with your grandparents. Dig out the family cookbooks and cook a favourite recipe.
5. Go on a Grandparent’s Day Train Ride at YDHR. Treat your grandparents to a trip on the York-Durham Heritage Railway through the picturesque Oak Ridges Moraine. Tickets are half price for each grandparent accompanied by a fare-paying grandchild. More
6. Celebrate the lives of your grandparents by creating a family tree together. Making a family tree is a great way to illustrate your family's history.
7. Have a sleepover. Grandparents’ Day eve is a great time to let grandparents and grandchildren enjoy an over-night together – either at their house or yours!
8. Go to the Canadian Automotive Museum on Grandparent's Day for a fun afternoon with the grandchildren. Grandparents will receive free admission when they accompany a youth or child to the museum on Sunday, September 10. More
9. Grab your grandparents family photo books. There is nothing children like better than seeing their parent whey they were young and finding out about their family’s history.
10. Ask your grandparents to teach you their favourite hobby. Your family can spend the day learning to cook or knit with grandma, or go fishing with grandpa. Fostering a new hobby is one of the most meaningful ways to spend time together.
Happy Grandparents Day!