Things to Do Before the Summer Ends
Summer's end is fast approaching, but you still have some time to make it unforgettable. You’ll have to hurry if you want to squeeze in all of the hottest things about Summer into next week before the kids head back to school. Here's a list of ideas for a late-Summer rally of fun!
1. Go backyard camping. Gather your pals, pitch a tent, grab some sleeping bags, and head out your back door. While you won’t be able to have a campfire, there’s no reason to forgo the traditional campfire songs and tales. Have a blast sleeping with the kids under the stars while enjoying the indoor plumbing just a few steps away!
2. Close out the Summer with a day at the beach! It will feel like a mini-vacation (especially if you didn’t get away this year). If you've been to any of the GTA beaches this Summer, you know how good it feels to come home sun-bleached and sandy. Click here for a list of local beaches.
3. Go to the nearest park and have a picnic. After all, August is National Picnic Month. Nothing beats hanging out on a blanket with your pals. Have everyone pack their fave foods. Don't forget the frisbee!
4. Before Summer ends, it's required that everyone attend a festival! There are tons of festivals or county fairs taking place between now and September. Get the list! They all have free concerts, great food, midways, and petting animals, too. Don't forget to check out the CNE which is on until September 2, 2013.
5. Pack your kids in their PJs, bring your favourite snacks, and head to a double bill at a drive-in theatre. Crank up the volume on your car stereo... And, talking is allowed!
Finally, if you aren’t able to organize any outings before Summer ends, then just get out and enjoy anything in the great outdoors... quickly before the nice weather is gone for the year and you need mittens again!