A Summer Adventure at a Drive-In Movie
As the Summer season winds down, why not take the kids to see a drive-in movie? Going to a drive-in movie is the ultimate Summer experience. It's a lot more than the movies themselves. It’s about sharing time with your family and spending a Summer night under the stars. Drive-in theatres are rare these days but luckily there are still a few of them around.
These movies usually don't start until after dark, so you may have to bend the bedtime rule a bit. Still, the experience is worth it! Dress the kids in their PJs and bring blankets and pillows to snuggle with. Pack your own snacks so you'll have healthier fare, and possibly save a small fortune at the concession stand. If you're lucky, you might even be able to catch a double feature.
1. If you want a great view of the screen, you need to arrive early. You’ll want to get a spot up front without any SUV’s or trucks in the way.
2. Clean your car. You don’t want to watch that epic film through a dirty windshield. Bring some paper towels and window cleaner and take care of your viewing window.
3. Bring snacks, but check with the theatre's policy first. Some don't allow outside food.
4. Come prepared with sleeping bags, blankets, hoodies, and pillows. Nights can get cooler.
5. Bring colouring books or other activities for the kids while they wait for the movie to start.
For those who would love to experience a family night at the drive-in, here's where to find one in and around the Greater Toronto Area:
Do you know of any other Drive-In Theatres? List them below!