12 Things to Do with Kids Before School Starts
There are certain must-do activities for Toronto and GTA families during these magically long days and warm summer nights. Somehow it all seems to come to a halt once Labor Day arrives and school starts. Routines and bedtimes will soon be enforced and swimsuits will be packed away in the closet. Seize these summer days before they start slipping away!
Here are 12 summertime experiences to have with your kids before it turns colder, because that's where it ends!
1. Celebrate summer sun and fun at a Free Street Festival. There are still plenty to enjoy this August and most are Free.
2. Watch a Free Movie under the stars.
3. Head over to Fallsview Waterpark where the weather is always a summer-like 84 degree temperatures year-round. Fallsview Indoor Waterpark is the perfect escape with direct indoor connections to Falls Avenue Hotels, restaurants and attractions. And, Kids eat Free during this summer's promotion!
4. Dine out (outside, that is). Head over to one of these fabulous Picnic Sites.
5. Have you seen Pompeii: In the Shadow of the Volcano at the ROM? The new exhibition includes approximately 200 evocative objects that tell the dramatic story of Pompeii, an ancient Roman city captured in time by ash and debris that buried it during a volcanic eruption. Pompeii focuses on the people living in the city, revealing the fragility of life in the face of natural disaster. Many objects will be seen for the first time in Toronto.
6. Cool off at a spray park.
7. See a Blue Jays game. Make sure you attend on Jr. Jays Saturdays so the kids can take part in many fun activities that will keep them entertained through the eighth inning. They can also run the bases just like the pros after the game!
8. Enjoy a swim, catch some rays, and spend a serene day away from the busy city at a local beach.
9. Go to the CNE. The Ex offers a wide variety of entertainment and events including Bandshell concerts, celebrity chef demonstrations, a dog show, a working farm, parades and a three-day Air Show, all of which are FREE with admission to the CNE. Midway rides and games, wacky fair food as well as international food and shopping.
10. Go camping and sleep under the stars.
11. Spend a day at Centreville Amusement Park on Centre Island. It's Toronto's favourite family amusement park and the kids will totally enjoy the ferry ride over. Don't forget to ride a Swan Boat at the park!
12. See a movie at a Drive-In Theatre. The kids will enjoy a double feature in their jammies!
What is your family planning to do before the summer ends?