With more than 30 years of success, Brain Power is an innovative leader in after-school enrichment education for bright and gifted students. From our after-school classes and academic field trips, to our series of math and problem solving and grammar workbooks, Brain Power is a transformative model for what gifted education should be about in the GTA.
Brain Power delivers dynamic on-site classroom instruction complemented with extended online enrichment curriculum and progress reporting. The unique curriculum develops students into proficient problem solvers, creative thinkers, avid readers, solid writers, passionate speakers, and empathetic listeners—ultimately, successful individuals in any educational path they choose!
Our experienced instructors understand the academic and emotional needs of bright and gifted children. All our instructors are professionals with graduate degrees – many have Ph.D. degrees – offering students brilliant mentors who are passionate about their subject matter.
To be considered for our program, students must be achieving good grades and demonstrate high academic potential. All new students and their parent or guardian must attend a free, no-obligation assessment interview.
At Brain Power, programs are offered in the evenings, from Monday through Thursday, and during the day, on Saturdays and Sundays.
• English Language Arts (Grades 1 to 12): reading analysis, philosophy, sophisticated vocabulary, classic literature, grammar, social justice, advanced writing skills, and fascinating topics across the humanities. www.brainpower.ca/english-language-arts
• Public Speaking (Grades 6 to 8): rhetoric, negotiation strategies, presentations, interview skills, body and voice coaching, debate, instant wit and spontaneous (intelligent) humour, speeches, persuasion and the history of oration. www.brainpower.ca/public-speaking
• Math & Problem Solving (Grades 3 to 12): problem-solving strategies, mathematics, memory development, managing stress and test anxiety, logic and reasoning, reading comprehension, and creative, critical, lateral thinking. www.brainpower.ca/problem-solving-mathematics
• Robotics, Coding, & Aerospace (Grades 1 to 6): computer programming, aerospace engineering, math, physics, cutting-edge technology, hands-on robotics projects, and innovations in science. www.brainpower.ca/robotics-coding-aerospace
• Entrance Exam Preparation - UTS, IB, TOPS, MaCS, UCC, and other gifted programs (entrance from Grade 7 through high school): exam-taking skills, navigating multiple choice, test time management, stress management, interview readiness, study skills, goal attainment, timed essay and creative writing, developing strengths and turning weaknesses into strengths. www.brainpower.ca/entrance-exam-prep
Driving all of this is a vision of learning as engaging, responsive, inspirational, current, and personalized, so that each learner can work towards meeting his or her potential and stretch beyond.
Summer is an amazing time to be inspired by new learning, perfect skills that need extra attention, and enjoy a unique and dynamic classroom experience! This summer Brain Power will be offering the following courses at our Lebovic Campus, 9600 Bathurst Street, Suite #313, Vaughan, Ontario, L6A 3Z8. In courses that run the full summer (July through August), students can attend for both months or they can choose to attend for only July or August. www.brainpower.ca/summer-programs
Visit our website for complete details on all our programs and services!
With more than 30 years of success, Brain Power is an innovative leader in after-school enrichment education for bright and gifted students. We offer March Break and well as Summer Programs.
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »