With more than 30 years of success, Brain Power is an innovative leader in after-school enrichment education for bright and gifted students. From our after-school classes and academic field trips, to our series of math and problem solving and grammar workbooks, Brain Power is a transformative model for what gifted education should be about in the GTA.
Brain Power delivers dynamic on-site classroom instruction complemented with extended online enrichment curriculum and progress reporting. The unique curriculum develops students into proficient problem solvers, creative thinkers, avid readers, solid writers, passionate speakers, and empathetic listeners—ultimately, successful individuals in any educational path they choose!
Our experienced instructors understand the academic and emotional needs of bright and gifted children. All our instructors are professionals with graduate degrees – many have Ph.D. degrees – offering students brilliant mentors who are passionate about their subject matter.
To be considered for our program, students must be achieving good grades and demonstrate high academic potential. All new students and their parent or guardian must attend a free, no-obligation assessment interview.
At Brain Power, programs are offered in the evenings, from Monday through Friday, and during the day, on Saturdays and Sundays.
• English Language Arts (Grades 1 to 12): reading analysis, philosophy, sophisticated vocabulary, classic literature, grammar, social justice, advanced writing skills, and fascinating topics across the humanities. www.brainpower.ca/english-language-arts
• Public Speaking (Grades 6 to 12): rhetoric, negotiation strategies, presentations, interview skills, body and voice coaching, debate, instant wit and spontaneous (intelligent) humour, speeches, persuasion and the history of oration. www.brainpower.ca/public-speaking
• Math & Problem Solving (Grades 3 to 12): problem-solving strategies, mathematics, memory development, managing stress and test anxiety, logic and reasoning, reading comprehension, and creative, critical, lateral thinking. www.brainpower.ca/problem-solving-mathematics
In addition to Brain Power’s full-year programs, there are a variety of workshops which are offered during the regular school year. These workshops include entrance exam preparation, spatial reasoning, mechanics of writing, public speaking, and university preparations. www.brainpower.ca/workshops
• Entrance Exam Preparation - UTS, IB, TOPS, MaCS, UCC, and other gifted programs (entrance from Grade 7 through high school): exam-taking skills, navigating multiple choice, test time management, stress management, interview readiness, study skills, goal attainment, timed essay and creative writing, developing strengths and turning weaknesses into strengths. www.brainpower.ca/entrance-exam-prep
• Spatial Reasoning (Grades 5 to 7): visual memory, surface development, object/shape rotation, and perspective skills. www.brainpower.ca/workshops/ivy-league-preparation
• Mechanics of Writing (Grades 6 to 8): the writing process, the structure of an essay, grammar skills, different genres of essays. www.brainpower.ca/mechanics-of-writing
• Public Speaking (Grades 4 to 12): elements of oral presentation, articulating ideas, developing speeches, debates. www.brainpower.ca/workshops/public-speaking-workshops
• University Preparation: choosing universities, applying for scholarships, writing application essays, interviews, first-year student concerns. www.brainpower.ca/english-language-arts/university-prep
Summer is an amazing time to be inspired by new learning, perfect skills that need extra attention, and enjoy a unique and dynamic classroom experience! Brain power offers a variety of summer courses including but not limited to language arts, math, exam preparation, public speaking and more. The Summer programs run during both July and August. Some courses have the option of completing one month or the whole summer. www.brainpower.ca/summer-programs
Driving all of this is a vision of learning as engaging, responsive, inspirational, current, and personalized, so that each learner can work towards meeting his or her potential and stretch beyond.
Visit our website for complete details on all of our programs and services!
With more than 30 years of success, Brain Power is an innovative leader in after-school enrichment education for bright and gifted students. We offer March Break and well as Summer Programs.
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »