Imagine IF: Theatre and Play Classes for Kids
Build confidence and social skills through theatre and collaborative play. Inspire Imagination.
In Forma Theatre is a Toronto-based theatre and education company that offers interactive, imagination-based theatre and play classes for kids from 4 - 13 years old.
At Imagine IF, our focus is on fostering creative explorations that celebrate imagination, build community and encourage kids to be confident superheroes! Our classes offer mixed arts-based activities including drama games, collective theatre creation and performance, story-telling, improvisation, character play, mime, movement, yoga, mindfulness, songs, rhythm, arts and crafts, and masks. We encourage kids to creatively share their stories, to create new stories, to play and imagine together.
Parent testimonial: I have two kids (son, age 8 and daughter, age 5), both of whom are rather shy and quiet individuals. Two sessions of Imagine If and they have just blossomed with self-confidence and creativity. My son loves the creative outlet and has grown in leaps and bounds in being able to speak with confidence and with people he’s just met. My daughter has matured before my eyes and has gone from being the scaredy-cat clinging to my legs with new opportunities to jumping in with both feet showing off her independence. Sara and Adam create a safe and collaborative environment for kids to ignite their creativity and build up their self-confidence, all while having a ton of fun! ~ J. Rockwood 2016
Imagine IF: Camp for Kids 4 - 13 years old
Let the Imagination Adventure begin! Each day at camp, kids will embark on a new imaginative journey: to the moon, to the future, to lands far, far away! We will be using a wide range of art-based techniques, plus every day we will venture outside to explore nature-based learning and outdoor fun at the park. Our focus is on fostering creative exploration that celebrates imagination, build community and encourage teamwork and fosters self-confidence. Our camp is all about building a supportive community, creating art together and encouraging kids to let their inner superheroes come out to play.
At camp, your child will engage in:
- theatre games and activities: improvization, character role- play, mime and clown, scene creation and performance
- creative movement and dance
- arts and crafts - including mask making
- daily mindfulness meditation and yoga
- participatory story time - both using books and creating our own stories
- songs and rhythm building
- outdoor play
- downtime in which to be quiet and take a break
Our camp will support your child by:
- Fostering self-confidence and self-esteem
- Building social skills and the ability to problem solve through teamwork
- Teaching them theatre, arts and performance skills
- Creatively learning about the world around them through a variety of roles and experiences
- Building positive emotional experiences and emotional regulatory skills
- Building community as they making new friends
- Having fun and celebrating their imaginations
Visit our website for more information!
Our camp is all about building a supportive community, creating art together and encouraging kids to let their inner superheroes come out to play.
Is this your company? Update or enhance your listings »