Inventorium 2.0 Opens at Ontario Science Centre
Bring your imagination to life through a range of hands-on activities, including coding, lasering, making and weaving. Experience this dynamic, collaborative space designed to spark questions and test your creativity — while connecting you with fellow participants, makers and artists in science, tech, art and design experiences.
The scientific method meets the artistic process in a makerspace designed to spark questions and test your creativity. Connect with fellow participants and bring your imagination to life through a range of hands-on activities, including coding, lasering, making and weaving.
Explore the intersections of art, science and technology with two unique textile “BioArt” installations by artists Jude Abu Zaineh and Elaine Whittaker. Their separate and distinct works have one thing in common: they look deeply at the natural world and strive to reveal its intricacies through experimentation with materials and methods.
Here are a few activities you’ll find:
• Art: Interact with installations created through the Idea Projects Artist-in-Residence program.*
• Loom: Design and code a punch card to help weave a one-of-a-kind creation!
• Forest: Craft leaves, bark and creatures for a wire-framed Canadian woodland.
• Maker Place: Solve design-and-build challenges using tools, tech and creativity.
• Design: Test drive and exchange ideas for innovative projects and products.
• Maker Bean Café: Create a laser-cut coaster or mini-loom to take home.
• Gorilla Store: Buy kits and bits to power your projects at home.
Get ready to immerse yourself in experiences where the scientific method meets the artistic process. Build on your skills and explore new experiences every time you visit!
Located in Procter & Gamble Great Hall - Level 2.
Inventorium 2.0 is now open. Find out more at www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/inventorium/.