How To Make Your Own Finger Paint!
Kids love painting and playing with colours, especially when they can explore their creativity with finger painting! Younger children do not have much control over paint brushes so it’s better (and more amusing) for them to go at it with their fingers and hands. Finger painting for toddlers is a great art activity to introduce your child to the art of painting.
What can be even more fun is making your own paints. Here's how...
3 cups of water
1 cup of cornstarch
1. In a pot, bring water to a boil.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in a separate bowl with some of the extra water. Although consistency should be thick, make sure you are able to pour it.
3. Remove boiling water from heat and add to cornstarch mixture.
4. Pour mixture on a clean, smooth surface and knead until it forms a soft, pliable dough.
5. Return to pot and heat, stirring constantly. Boil until the mixture is clear and thick (approx. 1 minute), then remove from heat.
6. Cool mixture and divide into separate bowls. Add food coloring. Pick some fun neon colours.
Finger painting is a fun-filled, kid-friendly activity that can be enjoyed by children of all ages. So roll out the paper, be ready to make a big mess, and have a great time doing it!