10 Fun Things Families can do at the International Boat Show
Toronto International Boat Show runs January 18 to 27, 2019. This year's theme is 'A Celebration of Canada’s Boat Heritage and Showcase to the Future of Recreational Boating'
North America’s largest indoor boat show returns to the Enercare Centre from January 18 to 27, 2019 with an impressive fleet of 1200 boats as well as the latest in marine accessories to hit the marketplace for sale, all in over a million square feet of show space. The Toronto Boat Show will also offer 250 free seminars and workshops. New this year is the introduction of Women’s Day on Sunday, January 20, a full-day separate ticketed event that invites women to gain hands-on learning to further their boating skills and gain the confidence when it comes to boat ownership and taking the helm.
Throughout its 10-day event for visitors of all interests, the show will offer many fun activities! Here's what families can enjoy at the 2019 show.
• See the Royal Canadian Air Force CH-146 Griffon Search and Rescue Helicopter where you can meet the men and women who operate the helicopters, one of which will be displayed on-site. Talk to the pilots, flight engineers, and SAR technicians of 424 Transport and Rescue Squadron and members of Joint Rescue Coordination Centre Trenton. (New)
• Watch the Toronto Indoor Wakeboard Championships and Daily Wakeboard Shows. Professional and amateur wakeboarders will converge at the Toronto Boat Show to compete at the Indoor Wakeboard Championships. (New)
• Try Fly Fishing! It's fun, exciting, and surprisingly easy to do! Fly fishing is for everyone, even with no fishing experience. Join the award-winning Franklin Club pros who have over 200 years of experience combined, competing internationally with the Canadian Fly Fishing Team and winning the World Casting Championships. Participants will learn how fly casting works, along with how to fish and retrieve the flies – in the world’s largest indoor lake. (New)
• Watch a Remote-Controlled Sailing Regatta. Large remote-controlled sailboats compete on the indoor lake in the Boat Show’s first ever, week long regatta series. Watch as these miniature boats race around a floating course, and to make it more realistic and challenging, they will have to navigate in simulated wind conditions powered by giant fans. (New)
• See Formula One Race Boats. F1 race drivers Mark Major and Rusty Wyatt, both representing Canada will share what it feels like when Mercury-powered tunnel boats hit speeds of 130 MPH with G-Force turns. See the only Moore Hull F1 racing boat from France in North America, and a US built Revolution Hull on display at the Boat Show. (New)
• Step on board a 60-ft Princess Yacht! It's one of the finest yachts in the world, and one of largest boats to be featured at the Toronto International Boat Show in recent history. Pride Marine Group will proudly display an impressive 60-ft Princess yacht, which arrived from Europe to make its Canadian debut at the show. (New)
• Watch SUP Polo. Stand up paddleboarding (SUP) continues to grow in popularity because it is fun, accessible, and always evolving. From SUP fitness, SUP yoga to SUP competitive races, the world of paddleboarding has taken on new forms including the latest trend being showcased at the Boat Show that combines water polo, lacrosse and paddleboarding. SUP Polo has emerged as the newest way to have fun on the water and get in a great workout. Come watch as teams compete in the exciting sport demonstrations held on the Lake.
• Watch World Championship Indoor Sea Flea Races. See the coolest single-person hydroplane boats, often DIY-constructed, and powered by a small motor. Compact, colourful and fun to race, these creative boats that were hugely popular in the 70s will be making a big splash on the Lake!
• Take part in Lake Activities. The world's largest indoor lake for boaters returns to Ricoh Coliseum, where novice and experienced boaters can experience FREE boat rides; canoes, kayaks and pedal boats and more!
• Go to the Kids Fishing Zone. Kids can learn how to catch and release live fish with the help of experts at the Kids Trout Pond. So much fun and prizes too!
Back by popular demand, the Toronto Boat Show will offer its $5 after 5pm Weekday single admission ticket, and free parking after 5pm on weekdays.
WHEN: January 18 – 27, 2019
VIP Preview Day Friday, January 18, 2019
Women’s Day Sunday, January 20, 2019
TICKETS: On Sale Now
VIP Preview Day (Jan. 18): $100 Platinum ticket, $35 Gold Ticket
Women’s Day (Jan 20): $99 Pre-registration required
General Admission (17 – 64 yrs.) $20
Seniors (65 yrs. & better) $17
KIDS 16 years & under FREE
Weekday Special $5 After 5pm Admission
Free parking on weekdays after 5pm
Additional 'Bundle & Save Packages' are available. For more information and 2019 show highlights, go to www.torontoboatshow.com.