10 Ways with Blueberries
Blueberries are the new super fruit. Colourful and delicious, they are high in fiber and antioxidants, and include lots of vitamins and minerals.
Blueberries pack a powerful punch of flavour and healthy rewards, and kids love them! They are plentiful from May to August so buy lots now while they are in season (and cheaper) and freeze them.
We've rounded up 10 yummy and easy ways to use your blueberries.
1. Add to muffin, pancake, and waffle batter.
2. Fold in cream cheese and spread on a bagel.
3. Mix with yogurt, honey, and nuts.
4. Mix into oatmeal for breakfast.
5. Add to your favourite quick-break recipes.
6. Add a bunch into smoothies with milk, yogurt, or juice.
7. Dip into dark chocolate (and get twice the antioxidants).
8. Make a compote for ice cream. Combine 1 cup of berries, 3 tbsp. of water, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 1 tsp. of lemon in a saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Toss a bunch in your favourite spinach salad along with sliced strawberries. They pair so well with a balsamic dressing!
10. Place a few blueberries in each section of an ice cube tray. Fill with lemonade and freeze. Use cubes in a glass of lemonade or water.