Splash Pad Fun
Join in the Summer Fun at Splash Pad Parks!
With the hot weather finally here, it's time to start thinking about how to cool off! Splash Pads are a fun aquatic addition to any neighbourhood park, and for parents with toddlers, this is great news! Splash Pads are the perfect place for your toddlers, yet children of all ages will also enjoy them! Even the occasional adult has been seen running through the cascading water and having a great time.
Splash Pads can helps toddlers and younger kids beat the heat in a fun safe way. You don't have to worry about them swimming in too deep of water, or going under the water when they go down a water slide. No lifejackets or floaters required. At a Splash Pad, you can sit back and watch your toddlers. Most Splash Pads also have adjoining parks so the fun is endless!
There are several Splash Pads across the Greater Toronto Area to enjoy. Here are some of them:
There are three Splash Pads located in Ajax, open from 9:00 am until dusk:
• Rotary Park, located on Lake Driveway at the mouth of Duffins Creek.
• McLean Community Centre, located at Magill and Westney.
• Audley Recreation Centre, 1955 Audley Road North (Audley and Taunton).
Splash Pads are open 7 days/week (9:00 am to dusk), weather permitting.
For updated info visit: www.townofajax.com.
There are two Splash Pads, one in Town Park, Aurora's oldest park. The Splash Pad features tumbling buckets of water and several ground jets for a variety of water play activities on a rubber safety surface. Amenities also include a large playground, mature shade trees, open grass play fields, and washroom facilities. Open, weather permitting, from mid-June through early September. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. There is also a new pad at Ada Johnson Park. Please note that Splash Pads are not supervised by town staff.
For updated info visit: www.town.aurora.on.ca.
• Batsman Park, Father Tobin Dr. west of Bramalea Rd. | 905-874-2906
• Brampton Soccer Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy E. | 905-458-4036
• Cassie Campbell Community Centre, 1050 Sandalwood Pkwy W. | 905-840-4041
• Century Gardens Recreation Centre, 340 Vodden St. E. | 905-874-2814
• Chinguacousy Park, 9050 Bramalea Rd. | 905-458-6555
• Peel Village Spray Pad, On Ferndale Crescent, off of Bartley Bull Pkwy. | 905-874-2906
• Teramoto Park, NW corner of Chinguacousy Rd. & Queen St. | 905-874-2906
For updated info visit: www.brampton.ca.
• Dofasco WaterJet Plaza
• LaSalle Park
• Nelson Pool & Splash Pad
• Norton Community Park
• Pinemeadow Spray Pad
For updated info visit: www.burlington.ca .
• Ashton Meadows Park, Unionville - Woodbine and Calvert Road
• Bayview Lane Park, Thornhill - Baymark Road, north of Romfield Circuit
• Beaupre Park, Milliken Mills - Denison, north of Coxworth Avenue
• Benjamin Marr Park, Cornell - East of Ninth Line, south of Pascoe Drive
• Berczy Community Park - Bur Oak and Bridle Walk
• Eastvale Park - South side of Elson Street, south of Tawney Road
• James Edward Park, Milliken Mills - Elson Street, east of McCowan Road
• Millennium Park, Markham - Town Centre Blvd. and Cox Blvd.
• Milliken Mills Park, Milliken Mills - 14th Avenue, east of Birchmount
• Mingay/Bur Oak/Wismer, Markham - Northwest corner of Mingay Avenue and Bur Oak Avenue
• North Cornell/Northvale, Markham - Southwest corner of Bur Oak Avenue and Northvale Road
• Simonston Park, Thornhill - Simonston Blvd. and Don Mills Road
• South Unionville Greenway, Unionville - Castan Avenue and Oakcrest Avenue
• Swan Lake Park, Markham - Swan Park Road and Williamson Road
• Tomlinson Park, Boxgrove - Boxwood Cres., west of 9th Line, south of 14th Avenue
• Villages of Fairtree Community Park - Elson Street and Eastvale Drive
• Willow Heights Park - West side of Willow Heights Boulevard, north of Rodick
• Wismer Community Park - Castlemore Avenue and Mingay Avenue
For updated info visit: www.markham.ca.
Mississauga Splash pads operate from June to September, weather permitting. Inquiries pertaining to Splash Pads can be made by dialing 905-615-4100 and pressing 5.
• A.E. Crookes Park
• Brickyard Park
• Clarkson Community Centre
• Churchill Meadow Community Common
• Fallingbrook Park
• Floradale Park
• Forest Glen Park
• Frank McKechnie Community Centre
• Huron Heights
• Huron Park Recreation Centre
• Iceland Arena
• Jack Darling Park
• Lakeside Park
• Lake Aquitaine
• Lakefront Promenade (Opens at 10:00 am.)
• Lisgar Fields
• Madill Common
• Malton Community Centre
• Mississauga Valley Park (Large Splash Pad is closed, but the small Splash Pad remains open.)
• Neebin Park
• Quenippenon Meadows Community Park
• Ridgewood Park
• Serson Park
• South Common Community Centre
• Tobias Mason Park
For updated info visit: www.mississauga.ca .
There are 15 Splash Pads (open from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, June to mid-September, weather dependent) in Oakville.
For a list of Splash Pads, visit: www.oakville.ca.
The City maintains a total of 8 Splash Pads that are free, and are open daily from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the following parks:
• Baker Park
• Easton Park
• Glen Stewart Park
• Lakeview Park
• Lake Vista Park
• MacKenzie Park
• Northview Park
• Rotary Park
For updated info visit: www.oshawa.ca.
• Bridgeview Park (Observatory Lane and Marshall Street)
• Crosby Park (Crosby Avenue and Newkirk Road)
• Dr. James Langstaff Community Park (Red Maple Road and Bantry Avenue)
• Grovewood Park (Grovewood Street, south east of King Road and Bathurst Street)
• Oak Ridges Lions Park (Red Cardinal Trail)
• Newberry Park (Bernard Avenue, west of CNR tracks)
• Richmond Green Sports Centre & Park (Elgin Mills Road East and Leslie Street)
• Richvale Athletic Field (Avenue Road, just north of Carrville Road)
• Russell Tilt Park (Blackforest Drive, north of Regatta Avenue)
• Silver Stream Park (Wayside Avenue and Shirley Drive)
• William Neal Park (Tower Hill Road southeast of Jeffereson Sideroad and Bathurst Street)
For updated info visit: www.richmondhill.ca.
Toronto has an infinite number of wading pools and Splash Pads. Children must be supervised at pools, wading pools, and Splash Pads. Visit this link for locations near you: www.toronto.ca.
• Crieff Parkette
• Mackenzie Glen District Park
• Maple Airport Park
• Maple Lions Park
• Melville Park
• Concord Thornhill Regional Park
• Dufferin District Park
• Wade Gate Park
• North Thornhill Community Centre
• Anthony Locilento Park
• Chancellor District Park
• Father E. Bulfon Park
• Mapes Park
• Matthew Park
• McClure Meadows Park
• Sonoma Heights Park
• Vaughan Mills Park
For updated info visit: www.vaughan.ca.
Know of any other Splash Pads we missed? Add them below!