Blast Off at the ROM this March Break!
This March Break, blast off on a fantastic voyage with cutting-edge technologies and adventures in science, art, and culture. It's all happening at the Royal Ontario Museum! All ages are welcome and programs are offer on a drop-in basis, daily from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. All programming is included with Museum admission and doors open at 10:00 am.
• Interactive performances: take in a live telecast from the future. What will we be eating? Wearing? Join us as we imagine all the ways in which the future will be... FUNNY. 11:30 am and 2:00 pm daily; no performances on Sunday, March 22.
• Natural History Mystery Quest - Find hidden clues at each station to solve the puzzle.
• Explore cutting-edge technology with Google and MaRS Discovery District.
• Enter ROM Beta, our idea incubator, and imagine the future for a 21st century museum. Meet ROM Staff and help them develop exhibits and galleries of the future.
• Build a city of the future inspired by Douglas Coupland’s everywhere is anywhere is anything is everything exhibition, presented by TD Bank Group.
• Create a slogan for the 22nd century. Then take it home or leave it here for others to read. Need some inspiration for your slogan? Go see a wall of slogans in the Douglas Coupland exhibition!
• Exploring Whales: Get the scoop on how the ROM saved these world-famous whales for science and the world.
• Meet ROM curatorial staff from the Natural History and World Cultures departments and get up close and personal with touchable items from the collections.
• Download Guidigo for exclusive ROM March Break treasure hunts, tours, and mystery quests!
• Take a giant leap into space and touch a space rock.
• Get your Game on! Epic gaming in our ROM Arcade featuring games created during ROM Game Jam.
And there's also the Pop-Up Dinosaur Prep Lab, Ancient Inventions, Textiles Tech, a futuristic virtual trip exploring fossils with Parks Canada, Sustainable Amazonian Archaeology, Cracked Pots (Could You Be a ROM Conservator?), Wildlife Selfies in the Nature Reserve, and Communicating with the Future!
Hungry? Family-friendly menu options are available at ROM Druxy's Cafe, and there's also a brown bag lunch room if you'd like to bring your own snacks.
After all that, if you'd like a little quiet time, the Family Lounge on the second floor offers a space for families to rest, nurse, change diapers, make crafts, and play.
Don't forget to enter special contests including shopping sprees, ROM Sleepover tickets, and more!
Take advantage of extended hours and discounted admission. From Saturday, March 14 to Saturday, March 21, the ROM will be open until 8:30 pm. Visit from 4:30 pm onward and get up to 45% off general admission to the Museum. CLICK HERE for complete details!
For more information on March Break at the ROM, visit: www.rom.on.ca.