Try making this pumpkin bread with your kids. It's a delicious and simple recipe for moist and fragrant pumpkin bread that's infused with homemade pumpkin pie spice. You can add dried fruit, nuts, or seeds into the mix.
From the Kitchen of Petits Chefs Academy
Yield: 1 large loaf (8-10 servings) or 6 small loafs
Oven, spatula, whisk, measuring cups, measuring spoons, loaf pan.
5 oz. pumpkin puree
1 egg (for vegans use 2 tbsp. of ground flax and 4 tbsp. of water)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven at 375°F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients, using a spatula mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Fold the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients. Fold until everything is combined.
5. Pour into greased loaf pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out dry. If you are using individual loaf pans, bake 20-25 minutes.
Note: You can add dried fruit, nuts, or seeds into the mix.
About Petits Chefs Academy: Petits Chefs Academy is a fun, educational, culinary, cooking school specifically designed for children, youth, and families. It's a place where everyone comes together to learn and rediscover the value and joy of healthy, nutritional cooking and baking. The school offers classes and worshops for kids, as well as birthday parties and seasonal camps. Find out more at www.petitschefsacademy.com.