10 Ways with Peanut Butter
November loves peanut butter! And so do kids and adults alike! While many of us grew up on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (and still continue to love them today), there are a lot more ways to enjoy America's favourite food. Peanut butter is the perfect addition to any dish.
For those in need of a nut-free substitute for peanut butter, you can purchase soynut butter and even peabutter, made from golden brown peas!
Find out more about Peanut Butter Lover's Month at peanutbutterlovers.com.
Here are 10 ways to spread the (peanut butter) love!
1. Add a scoop of peanut butter to a smoothie for added protein.
2. Heat up a few spoonfuls of peanut butter in the microwave until smooth. Stir it into some plain yogurt, drizzle honey, and add fruit of your choice for a healthy snack.
3. Make a sandwich. Add jelly, bananas, apples, Nutella, honey, marshmallow fluff, or your favourite topping to a peanut butter sandwich. Or if you are a purist, just make it a classic PB sammie!
4. Switch it up! Pair peanut butter with something different. Spread it on bacon, potato chips, cheese cubes, pickles, burgers, or anything else you can think of! The combinations are endless.
5. Add some peanut butter to your morning oatmeal. Stir to mix and top it off with a bit of fruit preserves.
6. Peanut butter gets all melted and gooey when spread on something warm and toasted. Schmear it on crumpets, english muffins, waffles, pancakes, wraps, muffins, and of course toast!
7. Cheese and chocolate are delicious, but for a new take on fondue think peanut butter! In a saucepan combine 1 cup of light cream and 1/3 cup honey and bring to a simmer while continuously stirring. Reduce heat to low and add 3/4 smooth peanut butter. Continue stirring until it is completely smooth. Serve with sliced apples, marshmallows, brownies, banana chunks, and strawberries for dipping.
8. Rather than the same-old pizza, give it a nutty twist by spreading peanut butter on a ready-made crust instead of tomato sauce and cheese. Finish it off with pepperoni and veggies. Just pop it in the oven and enjoy!
9. Who can resist the taste of peanut butter in desserts? Check out these 10 sweet recipes!
10. Eat peanut butter right out of the jar! Just grab a spoon and dig in!