Safe Cosmetics for Imaginative Play
Benefits of Chemical Free Cosmetics for Imaginative Play
Imaginative play is serious work for young children. Often, young girls use make-up during imaginative play or role playing games. However, cosmetics are created for adults who have a higher tolerance for the chemicals in cosmetics. It’s a natural part of growing up and a form of expression for girls to want to dress up and 'be like mommy.' Young girls often use nail polish to complete their look. When choosing a safe nail polish for little girls to use during imaginative play, look for nail polish that:
• is made of water, acrylic polymer and non-toxic colourants;
• is hypoallergenic, biodegradable, and 100% water soluble;
• and has a no animal testing policy.
Benefits to allowing young girls to use water based, chemical free nail polish during imaginative play, instead of standard nail polish, include:
• water based chemical free nail polish will wash off with water and soap when playtime is over;
• chemical removers are not required;
• children are not being exposed to harmful chemicals during imaginative play;
• high gloss, salon quality finish with a gentle fragrance that dries within three minutes;
• spills and messes can be cleaned up quickly and easily, leaving no stains;
• and peace of mind for parents that their young girls are not being exposed to harmful chemicals during imaginative play.
Ingredients to avoid when choosing nail polish include:
• formaldehyde, dibutylphthalate (DBP), and toluene.
Painting our little girls’ nails is often considered a treat for them. What is the right age to allow little girls to paint their nails? The answer is simple - when mom and dad decide.
About: SNAILS (Safe Nail) Nail Polishes for Kids are available when parents are ready to allow their little ones to use nail polish during imaginative play. SNAILS Nail Polishes are made in France, packaged in lead-free Italian glass bottles, satisfy the world’s strictest cosmetic laws, and are safe for girls of all ages to enjoy. SNAILS Nail Polishes are child-friendly with no harmful chemicals or toxic substances. A clear top coat is available and will lock in the colour for girls that wish to wear the nail polish longer. Safe and fun - visit www.safe-nails.ca for more information.
Where to Buy
Our products can be purchased online at www.safe-nails.ca.
Melonhead Children’s Hair Care – Whitby Location
Valleywood Centre - 3930 Brock Street North
Brock & Taunton