Aurora Winter Festival
An EX-traordinary Festival Comes to Light This Winter: CNE puts its trademark FUN into the Aurora Winter Festival
Just in time for the festive season, the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is transforming the Ontario Place West Island into a spectacular celebration of light and adventure as the 2019 Aurora Winter Festival comes to life for the second consecutive year. Tickets are now on sale now for the highly anticipated festival taking place from Friday, November 22, 2019 through to Sunday, January 5, 2020. This magical winter wonderland features four distinct mystical worlds for guests to explore, as well as enchanting characters, stunning light installations, fabulous food experiences, marketplaces, amusement rides and more.
Inspired by the breathtaking beauty of the northern lights, the Aurora Winter Festival features entertainment and interactive experiences that will delight people of all ages and backgrounds.
Highlights of the six-week event include:
• Four Mystical Worlds including the Arctic Retreat, Hidden Hilltop, Luminous Gardens and the Whimsical Forest (featuring the Fairy Hollow and Gnome Village), each illuminated by awe-inspiring light installations
• Magical characters including Thyra, the Ice Queen and Yin, Prince of the Yetis and Ice Elves
• The North Pole featuring Storytime Theatre with Santa and his Elves
• Candy Cane Lane complete with a Gingerbread Hut and Candy Shack
• A Light Tunnel showcasing the Aurora Borealis
• A 170-foot Tube Ride
• Classic Amusement Rides and Games
• Ice skating around beautiful light installations on the Frozen Pond
• A Holiday Marketplace offering unique and festive gifts
• Fabulous Food Experiences
• A Disco Dome
• A heated Entertainment Tent complete with live music, mulled wine, hot chocolate and more!
DATES: November 22, 2019 to January 5, 2020
NOTE: The Aurora Winter Festival is not open on the following dates: Nov. 25 & 26, Dec. 2 & 3, Dec. 9 & 10, Dec. 16, Dec. 24 & 25.
TICKETS: Prices start at $12.99 for children and seniors; and $17.99 for adults. Aurora guests are asked to reserve the date and time they wish to attend. Group reservations and private parties are welcome.
Tickets on sale now at www.aurorawinterfestival.com/toronto.
About the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) - Founded in 1879, the Canadian National Exhibition is Canada’s largest community celebration and one of the largest fairs in North America. A popular end-of summer tradition, the CNE annually attracts approximately 1.5 million people over its 18 days. The CNE has an annual economic impact of $128.3 million on the province of Ontario and $93.1 million on the Greater Toronto Area. To learn more, visit www.theex.com.