The Best Things To Do On Victoria Day Weekend For Guaranteed Family Fun!
It's the long weekend and as families continue to isolate, it's becoming more and more challenging to keep the entire crew entertained — especially when it looks like the weather won't be pitching in either.
The Victoria Day long weekend marks the unofficial start to summer and it's a time families look forward to each year. While this year's long weekend is overshadowed by this health crisis, we've got a few ideas for family fun, even while at home, and even if it rains.
1. Feel like you need a mini getaway? Go to Niagara Falls.... virtually! Two web cams have been set up to enjoy the Falls.
2. Go on a Picnic in your backyard or at the park (it's now allowed), weather permitting. If it rains, put out a spread on your living room floor. You'll want to make these foods.
3. Monday, May 18 is Museum Day! Celebrate with these fun museum activities, including creating your own museum at home.
4. Our Boredom Busters post is one of our most popular articles. These indoor activities are bound to keep kids engaged.
5. Since you loved our Boredom Busters so much — here are More Boredom Busters. Make Paintsicles, Marshmallow Playdough, Tattoos, Stickers and more.
6. Go to the Virtually JUNIOR event presented by Harbourfront, taking place over the long weekend.
7. Play outside! You need to get out to get some sunshine and fresh air. Here's what's allowed, and what's not, as of May 15.
8. Stream Scoob! The latest kids' flick that was supposed to hit theatres is now streaming at home.
9. If weather permits, garden with the kids. We've got some Fun Kids' Gardening Projects that every garden will welcome!
10. Need a special treat to remind you of the summer? Make S'mores! These recipes are not your everyday s'mores.
11. Running low on craft supplies? Here's how you can Make Your Own Craft Supplies. These are guaranteed fun — make the supplies then a craft!
12. Dream of better days ahead and plan your next family vacation — even if that's in 2021. Surf the net, do some research and plan the ultimate getaway.
13. This one's a stretch but if the weather improves, do some Backyard Camping.
14. Fire up the grill and try these Fun Burger Recipes for Kids.
15. Have that Dance Party we posted. A workout and family fun all wrapped in one.
16. Visit a Virtual Museum. Get acquainted with museums from around the world.
17. Visit a Virtual Zoo. Stay in touch with the animals.
Note that National Parks are not re-opening until June 1, and camping facilities within the parks, won't open until June 21.
Have a great and safe long weekend!