Where to go Strawberry Picking
A favourite thing about late spring and summer is the plethora of fruit in season, especially the berries. The GTA offers a fair number of family-friendly spots where you can pick your own strawberries — all within an easy drive — that will guarantee your sweetest summer yet.
Grab the kids and head out to a Pick-Your-Own Farm for a day of family fun… Here's where to go!
Andrews Scenic Acres/Scotch Block Winery
Applewood Farm & Winery
Barrie Hill Farms
Barry’s Best Berries
Mount Albert, ON
Downey's Farm Market & Winery
Forsythe Family Farms
Greenbank (Uxbridge), ON
Hamilton Area, ON
Organics Family Farm
Peart's Strawberry Farm
RedBarn Berries & Veggies
Reesor Farm Market
www.reesors.ca (ready-picked only)
Stoll's Strawberry Field
Strawberry Creek Farm
Trapper Bob Farm
Twinkle Berry Farm Market
www.watsonfarms.ca (ready-picked only)
Whittamores Farm, Shop & Pick Your Own - Farm closed
Things you need to know before you go Strawberry Picking
• Availability depends on the weather and traffic in the fields, so be always check the farm's website or call ahead for the schedule the day you plan on going.
• On the farm’s website, check if there are other activities kids will enjoy in addition to picking. If you're lucky, some farms will host festivals.
• BYO baskets or containers (or check websites to see if they are available on site.)
• Be aware that farms get “picked out” and crops might be ready before or after the times listed on the website or their Facebook pages.
• Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Wear sunscreen and hats. Bring water.
• Avoid strollers. They don't do well in the fields.
• Have hand-wipes available. Little hands and fingers can get very dirty.
• Don’t have time to pick your own berries? Most locations will also sell their berries at their farm stands.
• Bring your camera to capture all the memories.
Do you have a favourite place where you pick berries? List it below!