Toronto, ON M5J 2H3
About Franklin Children's Garden
An interactive garden inspired by Franklin the Turtle for kids and families on the Toronto Island Park.
More About Franklin Children's Garden
An interactive garden for kids and families on the Toronto Island Park. Franklin Children's Garden is inspired by Franklin the Turtle from the celebrated book series written by Paulette Bourgeois, illustrated by Brenda Clark and published by Kids Can Press: a Corus Entertainment Company. The garden is divided into seven sections where children can enjoy gardening, storytelling, exploring wildlife and visiting seven child-accessible sculptures from the Franklin the Turtle series.
An interactive garden for families! The park features seven sections:
▪ Little Sprouts Garden: Learn how to plant, cultivate and harvest vegetables and flowers. Drop-in programs run in the summer.
▪ TD Storybook Place Amphitheatre: The Amphitheatre hosts special events, shows, storytelling, performing arts, camp sessions, picnics and more.
▪ Snail Trail: Explore the winding trail and meadow on your way to the highest point on the Toronto Islands.
▪ Hide and Seek Garden: Play in the vine tunnel, explore the wheel-chair accessible Tree House, or take pictures with bronze sculptures of Franklin and Rabbit.
▪ Franklin's Pollination Station: Find out about the important role pollinators play in this educational garden.
▪ Pine Grove: Collect pine cones and look for bronze sculptures of Franklin and his friends!
▪ Turtle Pond: Have a chance to look at turtles, frogs, birds and other critters in a wetland environment.
Admission to the park is free however there is a fee to take the ferry to access the Toronto Islands.
For City of Toronto Parks information, contact 311.