Growing an herb garden is a great and easy Spring activity you can do with your kids!
• Assorted seeds (parsley, chives, basil, mint, thyme, or other herbs of your choice)
• Small clay flower pots
• Potting soil
• Popsicle sticks
• Permanent coloured markers
Have your kids help out with the following...
• Fill the pots 3/4 full with potting soil.
• Pour a bit of water on top to moisten the soil.
• Sprinkle 5 or 6 seeds in pots and then lightly cover with more potting soil.
• Write the name of the herbs on the popsicle sticks and insert in the proper pots.
• Place pots on a window ledge or in a sunny area.
• Keep the soil moist; seeds will not take a long time to germinate.
• Once the herbs are a few inches high, they can be snipped and added to food dishes.
Later, transfer your plants to the garden, so you can enjoy fresh herbs all Summer long!