It's finally here! We're now in step 3 of Ontario's Plan to Reopen and that means Toronto and GTA attractions are opening their doors. Here's what you need to know ... opening dates and summer highlights not to be missed! All tickets must be pre-booked online.
AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario)
- Opens Wednesday, July 21, 2021
- 317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4
- Hours: Open Tuesday through Sunday (see website for hours)
Highlights Summer 2021: The Andy Warhol is exhibition is opening! Don't miss this blockbuster exhibition, spanning all four decades of the Pop art legend’s astonishing career. Free admission! Visitors 14 to 25 can sign up for a free Annual Pass which gives you get unlimited access to the AGO Collection and all exhibitions for a whole year. Children 13 and under do not require the Annual Pass and can visit for free anytime with an adult, as long as they have their own timed-entry ticket.
Bata Shoe Museum
- Opens Wednesday, July 21, 2021
- 327 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1W7
- Hours: Tuesdays – Saturdays, 10 am – 5 pm and Sundays, 12 pm – 5 pm.
Highlights Summer 2021: The Great Divide continues to be the main Exhibition on display at the BSM. Admission is Free on Sundays.
Black Creek Pioneer Village
- Opens Saturday, July 17, 2021
- 1000 Murray Ross Parkway, Toronto, Ontario M3J 2P3
- Hours: see website
Highlights Summer 2021: BCPV has designed a new Guided Family Experience for you to enjoy the best of what Black Creek Pioneer Village has to offer in their beautiful outdoor areas. Choose from one of three exciting experiences: The Best of Black Creek Pioneer Village, Time Traveller’s Bootcamp and Nature in the Village.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
- Now open
- 2500 Kossuth Road, Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7
- Hours: Open daily from 10:00am to 5:00pm
Highlights Summer 2021: The Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory celebrates 20 years!
- Now open
- 1 Canada's Wonderland Drive, Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6
- Hours: Park: 10 am - 8 pm | Waterpark: 12 pm - 6 pm
Highlights Summer 2021: This season, catch the amazing Woofjocks Canine All-Stars! These fantastic dogs will wow you with their feats of athleticism as they fly through a fully choreographed variety show. July 10 - September 6.
- Opens Wednesday, July 21st, 2021
- 1 Austin Terrace, Toronto, ON M5R 1X8
- Hours: Open Wednesday – Sunday from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Highlights Summer 2021: See Imagine Dragons Light Forest. Travel to a fairy-tale castle and an era of dragons and adventure with Imagine Dragons – Light Forest at Casa Loma. Imagine Dragons will feature dazzling lighting and immersive theatrical Medieval displays throughout the gardens, tunnels and stables of the historic castle.
Centreville Amusement Park
- Now open
- Centre Island Park, Toronto
- Hours: Various hours - check website
Highlights Summer 2021: This year, a Grounds Pass is available. With this pass you gain entrance to the park, splash pad and the farm. This pass does not include rides. If you wish to go on rides with anyone in your travel party, you need to purchase an All Day Ride Pass. This pass entitles the holder admission to the park, the splash pad and the farm as well as all the rides within the height restrictions.
- Opens Friday, July 23, 2021
- 290 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
- Hours: Open seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Highlights Summer 2021: A CN Tower Family Pass is currently available online only for a limited time. Get your pass now and save before it disappears on August 31, 2021. EdgeWalk is accepting bookings for Walks beginning July 23.
Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
- Opens July 23, 2021
- 5685 Falls Avenue Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6W7
- Hours: Open daily but limited to three hour time slots - 11:00am to 2:00pm OR 3:30pm to 6:30pm
Highlights Summer 2021: Nothing new other than enhanced safety measures have been implemented. Same great waterpark to visit.
Hockey Hall of Fame
- Opens Friday, July 30th, 2021
- Brookfield Place, 30 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M5E 1X8
- Hours: Daily 10:00am-4:00pm
Highlights Summer 2021:
The HHOF has just announced that the 20/21 Induction Celebration will be on November 15, 2021 and tickets are now on sale. Two exhibitions, The Mask and The Howe • Gretzky Exhibition are still on display, as well as the coveted Stanley Cup.
Medieval Times Toronto
- Opens Thursday, July 29, 2021
- 10 Dufferin St, Toronto, ON M6K 3C3
- 416-260-1170 or 1-888-WE-JOUST (935-6878)
- Hours: Various shows (check website for schedule)
Highlights Summer 2021: An Epic Tournament Like No Other. The top knights of the kingdom will battle with brawn and steel to determine one victor to protect the throne. Join the feast and raise a goblet to our Queen. Rates are $67.95 for adults and $45.95 for children. Save an additional 20% off this summer by using code 20MT.
Ontario Science Centre
- Opens: July 24-25 and July 31-August 2 for Members. August 4 for Non-Members.
- 770 Don Mills Road, Toronto, ON M3C 1T3
- Hours: Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thurs – 12 to 7 p.m.
Highlights Summer 2021: The Science Centre is proud to bring you 2 new special exhibitions: Crochet Coral Reef, featuring The Wertheims’ collection of Crochet Coral Reef sculptures that have been exhibited worldwide and Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects where Art and Science collide with intricate sculptures inspired by nature.
Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada
- Opens on Saturday, July 24, 2021
- Hours 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., seven days a week
- 288 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, ON M5V 3L9
Highlights Summer 2021: Nothing new for the summer; just the same great aquarium with lots of sea life to discover.
ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
- Opens on Saturday, July 17, 2021
- 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M5S 2C6
- Hours: Wednesday to Sunday: 10 am to 5:30 pm
Highlights Summer 2021: The new exhibition Great Whales: Up Close and Personal is open! Great whales are the largest animals living on Earth today—learn more about all 12 species and the 3 on display in the exhibition, and more.
Toronto Railway Museum
- Opens on July 21, 2021
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Stall 17, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9
- Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 12:00-5:00 PM. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
Highlights Summer 2021: The museum is currently open for outdoor tours (last day to catch an outdoor tour is July 23) and mini train only. The indoor museum exhibits reopen July 21st. Mini Train Rides available Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5 pm, and operating until Labour Day.
- Now open
- 2000 Meadowvale Road, Toronto, ON M1B 5K7
- Hours: Monday to Wednesday: 8:30am–7pm, Thursday to Sunday: 8:30am–9pm
Highlights Summer 2021: Go see the #TOTigerCub! As part of a successful conservation breeding program, the Toronto Zoo welcomed a female endangered Amur tiger cub on Friday, April 30, 2021. Indoor viewing areas are now fully open.
All information is subject to change. Always visit the attraction's website before heading out!